Re: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN, One Time Password, Disconnect every hour.

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN, One Time Password, Disconnect every hour.
  • From: Chris Stankaitis <chris@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 13:28:05 -0500

Tony wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 18:56:09 +0300, Chris Stankaitis <chris@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
>> Does key renegotiation happen across the established session like in ssh.
> Just to let you know: I use the Aladdin's USB eToken PRO and every hour
> OpenVPN asks me for my tokenized key's RSA-passphrase.
> So, what you see is (I think) the normal behaviour.
>
> Tony.

That seems pretty bad IMHO, we have road warriors who regularly work
from home and need to be connected into the VPN for 8-10 hour stretches,
a good chunk of them are execs, who will not consider OpenVPN a viable
solution if they have to re-auth every hour.

I hope someone out in the community has dealt with this before and has
some suggestions as to how to fix this behaviour.