[Openvpn-users] Windows route cache entries and tun mode

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Windows route cache entries and tun mode
  • From: "Bart Kus" <bart.kus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 13:38:08 -0600

Hello,

I'm trying to dial into a Linux-based OpenVPN server from a Windows XP
machine.  The machine is in active use prior to dialing in, so Windows
XP creates a ton of /32 host routes with a metric of 1 and a gateway
of whatever the default gateway is at the time.  Then, I initiate a
connection to the OpenVPN server and that server pushes a
redirect-gateway message.  The routes are all setup correctly, but the
problem is the cached entries still route through the old gateway.  As
an example, I had winamp open, and instead of resetting the connection
and routing through the VPN, it happily chimed along on the old
gateway.

Is there a way to purge all these windows cached routes from the
windows routing table?  Is there a way to disable the creation of
these routes in the first place?

Help would be GREATLY appreciated!

--Bart