Re: [Openvpn-users] Problem with multiple push "route..."

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Problem with multiple push "route..."
  • From: Erich Titl <erich.titl@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 20:51:47 +0200

Thomas Heidemann wrote:
> Argh!
> Now I see it too! Thanks for this hint.
>
> But isn't this the normal routing when the server stands in a subnet which has to be routed/pushed?
> So everybody should have this problem, right?

I have two interfaces :-) and I believe most people do so.

> Ok, I know my problem now but how can I solve it?
> I manually set a host route to the server over my normal eth1 and everything is ok.

Yes

> But I hav e to find asolution where every client (in every possible subnet) can connect to the server.

Push routes accordingly

> What's your approach for this? Do I have to put the server in a new subnet or is there any solution with pushing/deleting some routes?

Divide your route in a number of adjacent routes not including the
server itself

something like

145.253.90.32/28
145.253.90.48/32
145.253.90.50/32
145.253.90.51/32
145.253.90.52/30
145.253.90.56/29

It would be easier to move the OpenVPN server away from the middle of
that subnet. That might make less routes.

cheers

Erich