[Openvpn-users] net-to-net in bridging mode

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] net-to-net in bridging mode
  • From: toshko <toshko224@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 17:42:01 +0000 (UTC)

Hi!
I am new to the openvpn and would like to ask you a question.
I want to connect two lans over the internet and use openvpn2.0.6-1 on ubuntu-
server. So I decided to use the bridging mode, so the users can browse in "my
network places" from windows. So I did the configuration files on both the
server and client and did the bridging on the openvpn server. The openvpn
server and the openvpn client are gateways of their subnets, so they are with
two interfaces. On the server I bridged my internal(for the subnet) NIC with
the tap0 interface and gave the br0 IP of 192.168.68.1. The IPs for its subnet
will be 192.168.68.4-10. So my question is - what IPs to use for the subnet of
the client and what (whether) to bridge on it. Do I have to bridge the internal
(for the subnet) interface with a tap device or I don't have to create a tap
device at all on the client machine? Don't forget that both the server and
client are gateways for their subnets and have two NICs - one for internal
subnet and one for the internet.
Thanks very very much!!! :-)