Re: [Openvpn-users] problem reaching server side subnet - "tap" OK?

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] problem reaching server side subnet - "tap" OK?
  • From: <james.huang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 00:35:57 -0500

I have similar issue - unable to access default GW router for all those
kinds of routing setup...
My situation: I need to use customer pre-assigned virtual IP (e.g.
10.8.x.y) for each client, so I need "ccd" to config each client; I also
need "client-to-client" to let clients access each other.

The problem is: "ccd" and "client-to-client" don't work together, due to
lack of all those routing setup.

Is it possible to avoid those routing setup by using "tap" instead of
"tun" interface? Anyone tried "tap" with both "ccd" and
"client-to-client" options together?

Appreciate your comments.