Re: [Openvpn-users] Openvpn Failover configuration

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Openvpn Failover configuration
  • From: Charles Duffy <cduffy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 07:36:25 -0500

Giancarlo Razzolini wrote:
> Just for an update. I've tested it on the weekend and it worked. Both as
> a client or server. And both on windows and openbsd. CARP really rocks.

When you say "it worked" -- you mean the session key didn't need
renegotiation (and thus the ping-restart/keepalive timeout never came
into effect) during the switchover between servers -- such that a
running ping across the VPN during the test indicated continuous uptime?

Could you post the client logs (verb 3 or better) for the relevant time
period? I would be *very* surprised if they don't indicate a
renegotiation taking place.

Unless you're in p2p mode, in which case OpenVPN is (effectively, much
closer to) stateless and this all makes sense.