Re: [Openvpn-users] Extremely poor performance

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Extremely poor performance
  • From: "Michael Scheidell" <scheidell@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 08:19:15 -0400

I have a similar problem with Verizon EVDO network (cell phone pcmcia
card)

If I use UDP, it drops, or won't even connect.
Needs to use TCP, but throughput is low.

Not sure if its just the links that are affecting us, or the providers
employ some type of QOS and give you and me low priority since we are
using an unknown port or packet type.
(I assume QOS high for http(80) and MAYBE https(443))

Might give QOS for pop3 (tcp 110).

You might try udp port 53 and hope they have a stupid packet shaper that
just looks at port numbers.

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
561-999-5000, ext 1131