[Openvpn-users] Restrict use of client-to-client directive to certain users

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Restrict use of client-to-client directive to certain users
  • From: Dustin Berube <dustin.berube@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 20:57:56 -0400

I am wondering if there is any way to only allow certain certificates to
utilize the client-to-client directive. For example I have several of my
clients sites connected to my VPN for network monitoring and remote
support. Several people in my department travel and would like to be
able to access our clients network regardless of how we are connected.
One of my requirements is that I do not want to enable my clients to be
able to connect each other.

I'm wondering if there is a way to construct a firewall policy and add
the rules based on the common name of the certificate? Or if there is
another way I can accomplish this that would be great to hear.

Thanks for your help in advance.

--
Dustin Berube
dustin.berube@xxxxxxxxx