[Openvpn-users] AS400 and Linux Printing in different Subnets over OpenVPN

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] AS400 and Linux Printing in different Subnets over OpenVPN
  • From: "LLL Active" <lllactive@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2006 09:43:45 +0200

Hi all,

I am using OpenVPN since April 2005.

# openvpn --version
OpenVPN 2.0.2 i586-suse-linux [SSL] [LZO] [EPOLL] built on Oct 10 2005
Developed by James Yonan
Copyright (C) 2002-2005 OpenVPN Solutions LLC < info@xxxxxxxxxxx>

It has worked flawlessly so far. I am also sharing M$ Win shares over
the OpenVPN and printing to various printers with M$ over IP. I have two
subnets, one on either side of the OpenVPN ( 192.168.0.0 and
192.168.1.0). I can reach the opposite sides from each other by ping and
Win shares. I can also reach a NFS with Linux boxes on the OpenVPN
client (192.168.1.1). We also access the AS400 with its client software
over the OpenVPN.

I can not, however, print to the printers on the client side from the
server side with AS400 and Linux "Network Printers (TCP)". How is it
that Win shares and printing works, but not AS400 and Linux printing.
Any ideas welcome.

:-)
Al