Re: [Openvpn-users] Windows tun/tap share

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Windows tun/tap share
  • From: Charles Duffy <cduffy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 13:21:05 -0500

moamahi wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>     I've tried to share the openvpn connection (tun/tap) on windows as I
> do with a normal internet dial-up or dsl connection. I've found that if
> I set as default gateway of the other clients in my net the "openvpn pc"
> I can use the vpn from them.
> My question is: is it possible to forbid that? In other word is it
> possible not to allow the share vpn connection (tun/tap)

It's possible, sure -- but you might need to use something more powerful
than the standard Windows firewall. If you can find something which will
let you block traffic from traversing between the two adapters, I expect
that'll do the trick.

http://wipfw.sourceforge.net/ looks both powerful and Free, if it and
ICS don't interfere. (It looks to not yet be able to modify packets
in-flight, which would prevent its own masquerading support from being
used).