Re: [Openvpn-users] Request for Enhancement: Check for required services

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Request for Enhancement: Check for required services
  • From: Ed Wallig <ilinktech@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 19:24:29 -0700 (PDT)

Not sure...I think that you can assign static IP's but beyond that.....not sure....the answer probably lies in the docs somewhere.

As far as the script-based approach, I just wanted to have some level of assurance on our installs that various services were running and that things like AV and anti-spyware apps were up-to-date and running. The script also turns off services and apps that are considered "unsafe" (like telnet, RRAS, etc). If the service can't be disabled then the connection is failed.

For what its worth... :)

Les Mikesell <lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 2006-07-24 at 10:06 -0700, Ed Wallig wrote:

> Not sure if OVPN GUI can accept a "pass/fail-type" command but if it
> can then you could prevent the GUI from starting if the required
> services cannot be started.

Doesn't it depend on your openvpn configuration as to whether or not
dhcp is required for address assignment?

--
Les Mikesell
lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx