[Openvpn-users] AOL 9.0 and OpenVPN

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] AOL 9.0 and OpenVPN
  • From: Chuck Bunn <chuck.bunn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 17:23:34 -0600

Hi,

Is anyone experienced problems with a client that has AOL 9.0 client
software (I know it sucks but the client is insisting on it) installed
on there machine. I have other machines working fine but the machine
with AOL cannot run a split horizon (VPN and browser with Internet
access at same time). I am also unable to ping the client machine (I can
ping the client machine if I ping the VPN address of the client but it
does not work for the LAN address of the client) despite following all
of the setup for viewing machines behind the client and server
(including adding routes to the server and client LAN gateways). I can
ping the server via the server VPN address and the servers LAN address.
I also notice some odd behavior with AOL it seems to turn on Internet
connection sharing (I believe it does this to act as a proxy for its
scanning features, Norton Anti virus does a similar thing) - even though
I disable it. Anyone seeing a similar problem with AOL??

Thanks