[Openvpn-users] windows problem and client bridging

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] windows problem and client bridging
  • From: Dirk Reske <Dirk.Reske@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 09:13:03 +0200

Hello,

I have 2 problems :(
I've created a network bridge on my windows xp sp2 machine.
When I start the OpenVPN server, the console says that the tap device is
opened and 10 seconds later it says "status=55, the device is no longer
available" and the network cable
is not plugged in... but clients can connect and all works fine...

Second:
I want to connect a few ethernets together. the "main" ethernet (here is
the openvpn server) has the address range 192.168.1.x and the subnet
255.255.0.0
The client networks has 192.168.2.x, 192.168.3.x ...
the client machines are also windows machines. how to configure them?
create a network bridge between tap device and ethernet? can I set a
static ip at the client?

thanks from germany
Dirk