Re: [Openvpn-users] TCP over TCP Tunnel - Packet lost

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] TCP over TCP Tunnel - Packet lost
  • From: Michael Teske <mteske-csk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 18:07:58 +0200

Alon Bar-Lev wrote:
> Michael Teske wrote:
>> Alon Bar-Lev wrote:

>>> Can you please test with the following:
>>> echo 4096 87380 174760 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_rmem
>>>
>>> Then disable/enable interfaces.
>>>
>>> It seems to make a difference to me... Although I still have
>>> retransmissions.
>>
>> Hmm, it looks like this crashed the server, at least I don't get any
>> connection anymore, unfortunately I don't have permissions to look what
>> really happenend.
>> For me, the best solution was to switch to udp anyway. But not all of my
>> company can, for various reasons...
>
> Crash?!?!

After that, the server did not respond anymore. But maybe that has no
connection of me doing anything. I'll know more on monday.

> Strange... It should not crash... And if you don't have
> permissions, how could you set this parameter?

I have set it on the client, where I have the permissions, but I cannot
log in to the server.

> I've tried UDP too... But TCP session over UDP also had segment
> lost just like TCP over TCP... So it did not provide the solution.

Hmm, here it worked fine. Maybe some segments got lost as well but
without the fatal consequences... Strange.

Greetings,
	Michael