Re: [Openvpn-users] Can someone please help, client + subnet, server + subnet.

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Can someone please help, client + subnet, server + subnet.
  • From: Erich Titl <erich.titl@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 22:51:38 +0200

Paul wrote:
> Ok guys.
>
> I have a Router. Behind this router is a machine with 2 interfaces, eth0
> and eth1. eth0 connects to the router, behind eth1 is a subnet
> (192.168.70.0 <http://192.168.70.0>). This is my side, the side i
> control so lets call this A.
>
> Across the internet i have for all intensive purposes the same setup.
> (in reality its a little different but not relevant) Lets call this side B.
>
> Now.
>
> If i run the server on A and the client on B, then the clients behind B
> can contact my clients behind A. But my clients behind A cannot contact
> the clients behind B.

Probably just a missing iroute statement. Please read again
http://openvpn.net/howto.html#scope

This works vice versa if i run the server on B and
> the client on A.

Which proves that your tunnel works correctly and your
routing/firewalling is probably fouled up.

Show us the routing table on the server and tell us exactly what is not
working.

Also tcpdump from eth1 on the server and tunx from the server may help.

Erich