Re: [Openvpn-users] bridging were client local ip is on the same subnet as server

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] bridging were client local ip is on the same subnet as server
  • From: Mike Williams <mike.williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 11:20:56 +0100

On Monday 17 July 2006 19:06, Tony wrote:
> > Perfect! I thought.
> > Until, someone else tried it from home, on their laptop, behind their
> > ICS gateway (ick!).
>
> I have had to use some (I hope!) rare subnet on 172.27.*.* range to
> circumvent the similar situation. I think it is not possible to do it
> reliably if addresses overlap - no matter what routes you push.

Hmm, interesting.
I'd rather not do that if at all possible though, as it would mean either
reconfiguring the VPNs at all the remote offices, or NATing VPN users.
I am beginning to think it's unlikely to work how I'd like though. Damn I hate
NAT.

--
Mike Williams
System Administration Manager - Comodo