[Openvpn-users] Not able to Ping - Newbie Question

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Not able to Ping - Newbie Question
  • From: "Vishal Abrol" <vabrol@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 18:00:31 -0700

I am a newbie to openVPN as well as Networking.
I have a very simple requirement. We have our servers at remote Locations
'LOC-A' which are restricted based on IP addresses from our local office
'LOC-B'. We have about 10-20 users connecting to servers at 'LOC-A' from
'LOC-B' or outside location when they are not at 'LOC-B'. Since 'LOC-A' is
restricted based on IP, so they are not able to access it when they are
traveling.
  What I want to do is to setup openVPN server at 'LOC-B' at my static IP
'61.XXX.XXX.XXX'. only IP allowed on 'LOC-A' server will be openVPN Server's
IP. Anybody who wants to connect to 'LOC-A' will have to connect to openVPN
server at 'LOC-B' and openVPN will provide them an internal IP address from
range configured through openVPN. Also once they are connected to openVPN,
they should be able to browse the internet.

For now, I am testing with 2 XP machine. I installed & configured openVPN
server with bridging. Once I connect to openVPN server through client, I get
an IP
IP : 10.8.0.50
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 10.8.0.4
DHCP: 10.8.0.0
DNS server: 10.8.0.1 (pushed thru dhcp-options)

After the connection, I am not able to browse the internet or connect to our
servers at 'LOC-A'. From the client machine, I am not even able to ping
10.8.0.4 or 10.8.0.0 or 10.8.0.1. I disabled all the firewalls but still no
ping reply.

Can anybody please direct me to right direction?

Thanks