Re: [Openvpn-users] TCP over TCP Tunnel - Packet lost

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] TCP over TCP Tunnel - Packet lost
  • From: Michael Teske <mteske-csk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 09:40:52 +0200

Hi!

I just found this message from Alon Bar-Lev in the archives:

> Recently I've found that my tunnel connection is very slow.
> I am using TCP tunnel, and try to connect to my IMAP mail
> server.
> I think it used to work OK, until recently I don't know what exactly
> happened... I don't remember when it stopped working.

[...]

> Client configuration
> ===========================
> openvpn-2.1_beta14
> linux-2.6.17

I have exactly the same problem, same configuration, but I found out
what happened recently, at least at my system: I upgraded from kernel
2.6.16 to 2.6.17. For a test I booted with 2.6.16, and voila, everything
worked again.
To confirm I switched several times back and forth and it's always the
same, 2.6.16 works and 2.6.17 not.

This is Fedora Core 5.

Does this ring a bell at somebody?

Greetings,