[Openvpn-users] newbie OpenVPN usage question

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] newbie OpenVPN usage question
  • From: "Robbie" <sheriff@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 12:40:04 -0400 (EDT)

Hi All,

I'm new to OpenVPN and I'm trying to use it on an embedded

device. I haven't implement it as yet but trying to understand

how it will work in my case.

I have an existing system that have a limited set of network functionality and it will take quite a bit of work to extend

it's stack and it's a home grown operating system.

The system I'm working on is linux based and I'm trying to use

OpenVPN to establish a secure communication with the first device.

The first device uses a DES entryption simple method over UDP and does not currently have a TCP/IP stack.

My question is:

Can I do this without the TCP/IP stack?

Does OpenVPN at some level needs to be installed on the first

device to communicate to the linux device?

If not, is it possible to use the OpenVPN on my embedded

Linux system to talk to this sort of device with minimal changes?

Thank you, and any suggestions are welcome.

--Robbie