[Openvpn-users] MTU/fragmenting question

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] MTU/fragmenting question
  • From: R A <skagerack@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 18:31:35 +0200

Hello.

Been considering switching to openvpn for a while from vtun, but have
come across something that just doesnt seem to work and thought I'd
verify that so I just havent missed something.
Currently we use it to tunnel ethernet between two sites. Problem is
that mtu thats received and sent out on the final interfaces cannot
under any circumstances be changed, so full size packets should rather
be fragmented and reassembled. Can I get openvpn to do this?
Used version of openvpn is 2.0.6.

Any insight in this would be very much appreciated.
Regards
/Roger