Re: [Openvpn-users] Problems with ifconfig-pool-persist

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Problems with ifconfig-pool-persist
  • From: Michael Scheidell <scheidell@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 20:39:31 -0400

Giancarlo Razzolini wrote:
Michael Scheidell wrote:

No matter what I do, I have a 0 byte file created and timestamped when
openvpn starts.

This is the normal behavior. Only when a client actually connects to the
server, that your ifconfig-pool will be initialized. The common name of
the clients certificate and the ip it got from the pool will be written
to the file so the next time it connect, it will get the same ip. But i
strong recommend you to use ccd, if you have only some clients. If you
have many clients then, some clever bash scripts might help the job of
administrating the ccd dir.

My regards,

I had 35 clients connect to it, and it never did anything but create the 0 byte file.

I waited 1200 seconds (twice the 600)

I set time to 60 and waited 120 seconds.

It never did anything.

(yes, I know about ccd, but have a specific need to do this)

--
Michael Scheidell, CTO
SECNAP Network Security / www.secnap.com