Re: [Openvpn-users] Windows traffic through ovpn routing mode

In <1150296976.12436.1.camel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx> typed:
> On Wed, 2006-06-14 at 18:05 +0400, Tony wrote:
>
> > > is it possible to establish a Windows session beetween the two LAN's ???
> > You should make sure that NETBIOS is bound to TAP-Win32 adapter and is
> > *UNBOUND* on the external adapters on both ends.
> >
> > However, my preferred method is to use NetBEUI (also bound only to
> > TAP-Win32 adapter!) instead of NETBIOS-over-TCP. I do successfully all my
> > workgrouping across OpenVPN connection.
>
> Wouldn't that only work on a bridged connection?  That seems like a
> bad thing to do if there are a lot of machines on either side.

It shouldn't matter. Good bridging software will learn which mac
addresses are on the other end of which interfaces, and only forward
traffic to the destination interface. Or is there something I've
overlooked?

	<mike
--
Mike Meyer <mwm@xxxxxxxxx>		http://www.mired.org/consulting.html