[Openvpn-users] Windows traffic through ovpn routing mode

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Windows traffic through ovpn routing mode
  • From: Alejandro Cabrera Obed <informatica@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 10:47:44 -0300

Dear all,

I've used OpenVPN a pair of times and love it. But I used it only for
TCP/IP services like HTTP, FTP, Mail, etc.

Now I'd like to implement a LAN-to-LAN Windows connection using OpenVPN
in routing mode, mainly domain authentication and resources (folders)
sharing....here is my question:

In case tcp and udp ports 137-138-139 are opened bidirectionally for
both the extreme LAN's through port UDP/5000 used by the OpenVPN tunnel,
is it possible to establish a Windows session beetween the two LAN's ???

Thanks a lot,

Alejandro
--
Ing. Alejandro Cabrera Obed