[Openvpn-users] OpenVPN - Pass through router - General LAN access

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN - Pass through router - General LAN access
  • From: Tom Brown <tom@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 10:01:35 +0100

I am still getting to grips with OpenVPN and so far so good but i may
have hit a barrier or i just don't know if its possible to solve.

At the moment my VPN server is on the LAN, its just another box on the
LAN. In fact the OpenVPN software is just running on the fileserver. I
am using a SOHO router and simply forwarding port 1194 onto this box on
the LAN using the router. All works fine and i can VPN to the fileserver
on the LAN.

Now in the current setup is it possible to access other machines on the
LAN or to do that would i have to be using the VPN server as the gateway
box to my LAN?

thanks