Re: [Openvpn-users] VPN Hardware

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] VPN Hardware
  • From: Mathias Sundman <mathias@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 09:30:16 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 8 Jun 2006, Erich Titl wrote:

>> Is there any device (vpn hardware) which supports OpenVPN? It would be
>> good if this device was small, they will have to fit it inside the bags
>> hehehe.
>
> Have a look at the WRAP box http://www.pcengines.ch/wrap.htm

Just FYI. I just bought the net4801 board from soekris
(http://www.soekris.com/), which is a very similar board to the WRAP. Both
are using the Geode SC1100 CPU for instance.

I've just done some benchmarking running OpenVPN on this hardware that I
thought I'd share with you.

Running a Linux 2.4.26 kernel and OpenVPN 2.0.7 over UDP bridging one
physical interface with the TAP device (Classic bridged setup) I were able
to push 600 KB/s over FTP or about 5 Mbps with NetPIPE through the OpenVPN
tunnel.