Re: [Openvpn-users] Re: openvpn-auth-pam.so problem

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Re: openvpn-auth-pam.so problem
  • From: Giancarlo Razzolini <linux-fan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 20:50:38 -0300

yan wrote:
> I think you can't just copy the path from the howto.
>
> You should sure where is the openvpn-auth-pam.so module. From the log message
> the server can't find this module in this path.

First, try increasing the verbosity to a number grater or equal than 7.
Then the auth-pam plugin will be much more verbose with you. Then take a
look at the logs, they will surely help you. If not, then try creating a
 separate service entry for openvpn in the /etc/pam.d directory,
pointing to system-auth. And thirdly you might want to take a look an a
plugin i developed for openvpn that authenticate users from shadow:
http://auth-passwd.sourceforge.net

Try it if you are authenticating plain unix users. If you are using pam
to authenticate users on an ldap directory, or nis, then keep using the
auth-pam plugin. If all of above doesn't solve your situation, then
paste your log here (with verbosity grater or equal to 7).

My regards,
--
Giancarlo Razzolini
Linux User 172199