[Openvpn-users] Re: PAM module problem

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Re: PAM module problem
  • From: yan <yanyan.qq@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 16:35:49 +0000 (UTC)

++++++++++++++++
Hi,

Now I have seccessful to setup the server, at least I didn't see any error
messages. But I still can't using the username and password for the client
authentication. I don't know why. when I enter the username:root it shows

Wed May 31 18:23:25 2006 OpenVPN 2.0_rc14 i686-suse-linux [SSL] [LZO] [EPOLL]
built on Mar 19 2005
Enter Auth Username:root
-bash: root: command not found

[24]+  Stopped                 openvpn --config
/opt/openvpn/conf/openvpn-client98.conf

Is there anyone who can give me some explain about this error message?

+++++++++++++++++

Here is another way to test your pam is correct or not.

[root@vpn ~]# saslauthd -a pam

where the pam service means the file under /etc/pam.d/, e.g login and so on.

I just use this command to test the login, it is strange that login didn't pass
the test.

lsfks15:/opt/openvpn/log # testsaslauthd -u root -p XXXXXXX -s login
0: NO "authentication failed"

but for the su pam service it works.
lsfks15:/opt/openvpn/log # testsaslauthd -u root -p XXXXXX -s su
0: OK "Success."

So I change to use the 'su' as the openvpn username/password authentication in
the plugin. But unfortuntly, it still didn't work :(

Anyone has any idea? Thanks a lot.