Re: [Openvpn-users] gateway vpn problem

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] gateway vpn problem
  • From: Oscar Knight <knightod@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 12:01:56 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

I have egg on my face.  Forwarding was off.  See below for more comments.
I hope no one spent any time on this.  Thanks if you did!

odk

On Tue, 4 Apr 2006, Oscar Knight wrote:
> Subject: [Openvpn-users] gateway vpn problem
>
> Hello All,
>
> Please help.
>
> In short, I can't reach the machines behind/beside the vpn gateway.  I can
> connect and ping the vpn server, but not the other machines.  Yes, I've
> read the FAQ, and a lot of other documents.  I've used tcpdump and it's
> like the packets are not getting forwarded.

>BTW, forwarding is turned on, but feel free to prove me wrong.

OK, I will!

> results of "grep forward sysctl.conf"  on OpenVPN/OpenBSD box
> #net.inet.ip.forwarding=1       # 1=Permit forwarding (routing) of packets
> #net.inet6.ip6.forwarding=1     # 1=Permit forwarding (routing) of packets
> #net.inet6.ip6.accept_rtadv=1   # 1=Permit IPv6 autoconf (forwarding must be 0)

Gee, I wonder what those "#" are for!!!!  I actually did have forwarding
enabled (using sysctl on command line) for at least one test where there
was most likely a routing issue.

OpenVPN rocks!

Thanks,
odk
--
Oscar D. Knight                              knightod at appstate dot edu
                                                      Voice: 828-262-6946