[Openvpn-users] Re: Changing from UDP to TCP and failing to connect. Why?

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Re: Changing from UDP to TCP and failing to connect. Why?
  • From: Charles Duffy <cduffy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 16:38:31 -0500

Tony wrote:
On Tue, 04 Apr 2006 22:38:56 +0400, Charles Duffy <cduffy@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
...the most likely cause is that your tls-auth lines on each side don't correspond with each other (2nd parameter being "1" on one side and "0" on the other, and the tls-auth files themselves being exactly the same).
I did not touch that part - it is the same as was in (still working) UDP config. I used Copy-Paste to create a TCP-config...

Well, maybe you copied and pasted wrong -- that or some monkey in the middle is changing the contents of your TCP streams, but that latter seems unlikely. Include both full configuration files (stripped of comments and whitespace), and then we won't need to suspect that something went wrong during the copy-and-paste.

[Actually, since you're using port 443, which malicious types may find some value in proxying [particularly if they've covertly installed a new CA into the OS], I could *almost* believe the monkey-in-the-middle thing... but it's still a comparatively unlikely cause].