[Openvpn-users] Re: snmp over vpn

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Re: snmp over vpn
  • From: Charles Duffy <cduffy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 16:32:19 -0500

My company runs SNMP over OpenVPN; there's certainly nothing intrinsic to SNMP making it difficult to pass over a VPN connection. As you've been advised before: Use a packet sniffer (I use ethereal) to determine exactly how far the packets are and aren't making it.

Have you tested that non-SNMP packets (even just ICMP pings) make it across in both directions correctly?