[Openvpn-users] Re: gateway vpn problem

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Re: gateway vpn problem
  • From: Charles Duffy <cduffy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 13:44:05 -0500

Oscar Knight wrote:
results of "grep forward sysctl.conf"  on OpenVPN/OpenBSD box
#net.inet.ip.forwarding=1       # 1=Permit forwarding (routing) of packets
#net.inet6.ip6.forwarding=1     # 1=Permit forwarding (routing) of packets
#net.inet6.ip6.accept_rtadv=1   # 1=Permit IPv6 autoconf (forwarding must be 0)

These are commented out? (I don't know OpenBSD, so please excuse me if such indicates that these are default values).

In any event, if the outgoing packets are showing up on the tun interface, OpenVPN is doing its job; you might do well to talk to some OpenBSD folks with regard to why packets may not being forwarded from Point A to Point B.