[Openvpn-users] Re: XP to Linux over WiFi, no route after 1min of connect

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Re: XP to Linux over WiFi, no route after 1min of connect
  • From: Bob Hannent <bob@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 20:47:18 +0000 (UTC)

Jon Bendtsen <jon.bendtsen <at> laerdal.dk> writes:

> > I might try TCP again, but it was the first thing to fail. I'm using
> > certificates with persisting key.
>
> static keys MIGHT recover more quickly, but it is less secure.
> And you need one tunnel pr. client.

I'd much rather stick to cert, I was going to implement PAM as well but it
didn't work first time, perhaps once this has been fixed I'll do that.

So is the conculsion that I should try TCP again and then stick with the
fragmented packets and shorter keep-alives?

Its just weird that the packets still arrive in Windows, but the virtual adaptor
doesn't respond in XP?