Re: [Openvpn-users] Re: XP to Linux over WiFi, no route after 1min of connect

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Re: XP to Linux over WiFi, no route after 1min of connect
  • From: Jon Bendtsen <jon.bendtsen@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 19:51:26 +0100

Den mandag 13.mar kl. 17:50 skrev Bob Hannent:

Jon Bendtsen <jon.bendtsen <at> laerdal.dk> writes:
I'm suspecting that when the wifi drops the session isn't restored
seamlessly because the routing rule might have disappeared?

No, the routing table does not disappear before the tunnel is brought down.

I was just wondering if Windows drops a route if it fails and then doesn't
return it.

I have tried UDP and TCP, I think UDP is probably better for this?

udp should be better for this, but you know... it is hard with a link over an unstable connection. Do you use static keys or certificates?

JonB

I might try TCP again, but it was the first thing to fail. I'm using certificates with persisting key.

static keys MIGHT recover more quickly, but it is less secure. And you need one tunnel pr. client.

JonB