Re: [Openvpn-users] Re: client cannot get(set) the ip address?

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Re: client cannot get(set) the ip address?
  • From: Jon Bendtsen <jon.bendtsen@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 08:33:44 +0100

Den fredag 10.mar kl. 6:31 skrev Adlina Baozhu:

Jedliu <jedliu <at> gmail.com> writes:

Adlina Baozhu, Hiï It seems that you didn't configure the right in server.conf,

in my server.conf ,I have point out that: server 10.8.0.0 255.255.255.0

but the client canot get ip from server still.

at last ,i got the idea that ,allocate the ip address manually.so
in client pc, i run:

ifconfig tap0 10.8.0.5 netmask 255.255.255.0
route add default gw 10.8.0.1

then it take the affect.

but every time i restart the openvpn services,
/etc/init.d/openvpn restart
that tap0 cannot appear in ifconfig command.

i had to run the two command mentioned ahead.

how could i do it by configuration the server configuration detaily .
not just config the ip always by hands.

Can we see your client.config using pastebin.com?

It needs to contain one or more of these directives:
Either 1
	--client
directive or to replace that
	--tls-client
	--pull
both of them. Actually --client is a shortcut for the above.

JonB