[Openvpn-users] Re: VPN recovery after brief network outage

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Re: VPN recovery after brief network outage
  • From: Charles Duffy <cduffy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 07:29:03 -0600

Henning Schulze-Lauen wrote:
So my question comes down to whether the claim on OpenVPN's homepage that "tunnel traffic will immediately resume" just refers to the --ping-restart mechanism, or whether there is anything else which I can do in terms of configuration to ensure a quick resumption of tunnel traffic.

Tunnel traffic will immediately resume when using pre-shared keys (where no new negotiation is needed). This has some security pitfalls in comparison to RSA-based authentication and is incompatible with client/server mode.