Re: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN Server Performance (real experience) and Virtual IP address managment

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN Server Performance (real experience) and Virtual IP address managment
  • From: Jon Bendtsen <jon.bendtsen@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 13:06:06 +0100

Den tirsdag 21.feb kl. 4:02 skrev Ray Van Dolson:

Interesting read. I sure hope a box such as yours can handle more than 400
clients. We're currently running Poptop based servers that can handle about
1000 users each. We use iptables to limit incoming authentication requests.
However, as pptp uses tcp port 1723 for its connectoin, it's a little easier
to limit because we have syn packets to work with... not sure how you'd
tackle something like this with OpenVPN.

oh thats easy, just use TCP in the openvpn configuration files, and you can
do the same trick as with poptop.

JonB