Re: [Openvpn-users] Copying .exe-files over vpn desaster. What to do?

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Copying .exe-files over vpn desaster. What to do?
  • From: Ben Scott <dragonhawk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 08:12:03 -0500

On 2/7/06, Al Zonka <azon97@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> After that, surprise, surprise: when using the copy
> command from xp command shell it does work without any
> problem.

  Windows Exploder tries to open EXE files to do various kinds of
content extraction.  This includes everything from getting the icon to
display to magic designed to keep idiot users from running the spyware
they just downloaded.  I suspect that is where the trouble is
starting.  Unfortunately, I've got no ideas on what is ultimately
causing the problem.

  One thing I suggest checking for is fragmentation/MTU issues, simply
because they often manifest in weird ways.  Speaking from recent
experience, there.  :)  Break out a packet sniffer.

-- Ben