[Openvpn-users] Re: Especif entry in /etc/hosts

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Re: Especif entry in /etc/hosts
  • From: Charles Duffy <cduffy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 12:31:07 -0600

Walter Luis wrote:
Is there a way (line in the server.conf) to push a especif entry in /etc/hosts to openvpn clients?

I mean, something like:

"command" domain.com <http://domain.com/> 20.x.x.x

Then, from the start to the finish of the openvpn, the client always knows that domain.com <http://domain.com/>is 200.X.X.X and won't consult the dns.

Perhaps you mean "specific"?

There's no such support in place presently. You could implement it with client-side scripting -- but personally, I would do that by pushing a DNS entry for a DNS server you control which overrides the IP returned for lookups to domain.com. (I actually do something very similar already in a different context).