Re: [Openvpn-users] client packets not getting to server

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] client packets not getting to server
  • From: Alex Brett <alex.brett@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 21:55:37 +0000

Michael MacDonald wrote:

Now, when I start openvpn on the server, and then start it on the client, nothing happens. As far as I can tell, (using tcpdump on the server), the openvpn client is never getting any packets to the server. Unfortunately, due to space constraints, I am unable to run tcpdump or netcat on the client. I have verified that the client can get to the server (e.g. via ssh), so there isn't a general network path problem. I have tried random ports to see if maybe the ISP was somehow blocking 1194, but that had no effect.

Hi,

It is possible that the ISP is blocking UDP traffic, as SSH is a TCP protocol, so this would still work. I would suggest you try OpenVPN in TCP mode and see what happens...

Hope this helps,
Alex Brett
alex.brett@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.loho.co.uk/