Re: [Openvpn-users] Incorrect message that tun device does not exist

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Incorrect message that tun device does not exist
  • From: Carl Fink <Carl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 08:01:55 -0500
Thanks to Roland Pope, I got the server to start (by installing a newer
kernel).

Now the client is problematic.

If I run the client while connected to our LAN, using the internal name of
the actual
server, SVAPP01, I connect just fine.  If I connect the client box via an
external network
and try for the domain name of our router, I get as far in the
initialization as

Thu Dec 15 18:09:07 2005 Control Channel MTU parms [ L:1544 D:140 EF:40
EB:0 ET:0 EL:0 ]

And it freezes forever.

When I accidentally sent this message to Roland instead of the list, he
suggested
a firewall problem.  Would a blocked port make the client freeze at that
point?

Anyone out there have experience opening the correct port on a Sonicwall
TZ170?  Or
rather, forwarding the correct port to a machine inside the protected
network?

I'm clearly missing something obvious.  Any hints for the newbie?
--
Carl Fink
Seaview Corporation

Voice: 516-625-1210