Re: [Openvpn-users] Bridge problem [solved]

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Bridge problem [solved]
  • From: "luk4sz" <luk4sz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 16:02:33 +0100

That's how I have setup all my OpenVPN systems when doing bridging, so there must be something else that you have done wrong/diffrent.

Well, that brings us back to the fact that you have not given us enough information about your setup to make it possible for others to know what you have done.

There is always possible to make typos or other configuration errors, so just telling us that you have used the bridge-start script, and started the OpenVPN server according to the howto does not help very much. Please provide us with the following info and we'll hopefully be able to spot what has gone wrong:

DAMN... this time I'm really lost.. I have just tried to do this howto way just to post requested information which are btw. exactly the same, the only thing i changed is starting order... and now: suprise!!!, it didn't ping at first, but then samba share opened, and then it started pinging...so...
i don't know what to say.. KILL ME but a have absolutely no idea what could have been the problem for last 5 LONG days when i struggled with this...I have run tests from two different friends (diffenrent locations) and neither of them could not establish working tunnel. It feels really stupid because it seems I had problem which magically resolved itself.

I'm realistic - logically thinking i just HAD to make mistake or as you say "typo" in some place..but i guess i'll never find out now :-(

The only thing that lasted is to appologize and to return honor to those who wrote perfectly working and good hotwo for this beautiful piece of opensource software which is OpenVPN :-)

regards
luke

ps. shit now, i have to clean up the mess i unleashed on other forums, too :-(