Re: [Openvpn-users] Bridging Howto

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Bridging Howto
  • From: Jiann-Ming Su <sujiannming@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 17:03:49 -0500

On 11/18/05, Daniel L. Miller <dmiller@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This one ALMOST made the light turn on - not quite!
>
> Originally, I thought having OpenVPN on my firewall was the way to go -
> your page convinced me otherwise.  So I've moved it to my internal
> server, and set the iptables forwarding appropriately (I think).  But . . .

Yeah, my openvpn bridge server was not acting as the LAN
gateway/firwall.  Clients connected to port 1194 on the gateway, and
the gateway forwarded the traffic to the openvpn server.  Sorry for
not making that clear.

If you have the luxury of having multiple machines, it's always easier
to debug when a single server isn't being asked to do more than a few
things.

--
Jiann-Ming Su
"The system's broke, Hank.  The election baby has peed in