[Openvpn-users] Looking for open-source firewall with OpenVPN included

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Looking for open-source firewall with OpenVPN included
  • From: Rasjid Wilcox <rasjidw@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 12:31:35 +1100

Hi,

I'm looking for an open-source firewall with OpenVPN included.  I
would prefer something Linux based, but not essential if it has a
decent interface.

I looked at m0n0wall, but OpenVPN was removed in the final release of
the current version.

I've looked at IPCop, and an OpevVPN is in progress, but does not seem
to have net2net working yet, and it seems a little too much 'outside'
the core distribution for my liking.

The only one I've found so far that seems to have OpenVPN working
out-of-the-box is Mandriva MNF2, but it is USD$699, and I can't seem
to find a trial version.  I'm not adverse to paying some money for a
good firewall, but I have no desire to spend money on something I
can't test first.

If anyone has some other suggestions, it would be most appreciated.

Cheers,

Rasjid.