[Openvpn-users] tunnel priority and failover

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] tunnel priority and failover
  • From: Leonard Isham <leonard.isham@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 10:43:44 -0400

For all the list to see
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Levente Simon <fightingurukhai@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Oct 25, 2005 10:38 AM
Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] tunnel priority and failover
To: Leonard Isham <leonard.isham@xxxxxxxxx>

On 10/25/05, Leonard Isham wrote:
> How about some more information:
>
> - What version are you using?

OpenVPN 1.6.0

> - An idea of what you want to accomplish as there are methods to have
> more than one remote in case of  a failure.

I have two boxes which have two connections. I am raising one openvpn
tunnel with each connection and if a lose a connection I want the
other to take over (the routing).
What I have configured until now is that if both connection are
working the packets will go through the connection estabilished last
and if I stop manually the last connection the routing table is ok and
the packets are going through the first connection. I am searching for
a way to commute to the first connection if the last loses connection
(without manually stopping it).

The configurations are:
tunnelx.conf:
remote x.x.x.x
dev tun
ifconfig 10.70.1.247 10.74.50.241
persist-key
persist-tun
persist-local-ip
persist-remote-ip
up ./tunnelx.up
secret tunnelx.key
tun-mtu 1256
port 5500
comp-lzo
ping-timer-rem
verb 3
mute 20

tunnelx.up:
route add -net 10.74.50.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 gw $5

--
Leonard Isham, CISSP
Ostendo non ostento.