[Openvpn-users] question about xinetd

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] question about xinetd
  • From: "Yaoning Tao" <tyaoning@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 12:11:46 -0400

Hi,

I'm using openvpn2, it works really great.

Now, I want to configure xinetd to make openvpn can work with xinetd. I wrote the cofiguration file for xinetd and it works. I just restart the xinetd service, remote client can connect the openvpn server. But the problem is only one client can access the openvpn server. I only configured on server and multiple clients want to access at same time. I didn't know how to configure it. Any body has some ideas?

the problem of the xinetd cofiguration
1. inetd doesn't work in server mode. and ifconfigure-pool option need server mode. it means I couldn't assign the ip to multiple clients.
2. i cofigure to nowait, but nowait option only works with dev tap
3. if i configure to dev tun, I only can use ifconfig option to specify server IP and one client IP