[Openvpn-users] Re: All NICs are unusable after install of OpenVPN

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Re: All NICs are unusable after install of OpenVPN
  • From: Roger Håkansson <hson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 18:16:59 +0200

> Also, he didn't have that kind of utility/the utility didn't disable NICs.
> But in his search of a solution to this problem he updated all drivers
> and utilities and now he says that the wired-NIC gets disabled when he
> unplugs the cable and the WiFi-NIC gets disabled when he plugs in a
> TP-cable.
> In his words "this didn't happen before I installed OpenVPN", but my
> guess is that an update of this utility is responsible for that.

Some more info on this.
According to him, before he installed OpenVPN, when he unplugged the
TP-cable the NIC got "Network cable unplugged" (as usual), but after
install+uninstall of OpenVPN, the NIC now disappears both from
ControlPanel->NetworkConnections and from DriverManager when he unplugs
the TP-cable. And it reappears when he plugs it back in.
And this was before he ran Windows Update and updated the WiFi-driver.
And he doesn't have any utility that handles profiles (and
disables/enables NICs depending on profile and link-speed, like IBMs
Access Connections like I have on my laptop).