Re: [Openvpn-users] Re: Tray Showing for OpenVPN GUI Problem

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Re: Tray Showing for OpenVPN GUI Problem
  • From: Mathias Sundman <mathias@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 21:11:08 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 7 Sep 2005, Lonnie Cumberland wrote:

Maybe it would be a simple and efficient fix to just have a command-line switch "openvpngui -restart" perhaps that will kill any active process and restart OpenVPN GUI since that was one of the ways that I was able to have the tray icon re-show back up after a system reboot.

Well, uhm, as the last solution we could of cource add such an option, but that's just an ugly workaround - lets begin with trying to solve the real problem.

If you have a machine on which this is reproducable on every reboot it should be to hard solving I think.

Begin with testing my debug version I mentioned in my last post and I'll google the net to find out if there is any other window messages other than the TaskbarCreated message that I need to catch.