[Openvpn-users] Re: openvpn windows xp client networking questions

dave wrote:
Hello,
    Thanks for your reply. I've included my configs below. On the windows
side, i'm not sure that the adapter name under network devices in device
manager is what i'm looking for, i've got two network connections, local
area connection2 and local area7, the latter is the new one.

client:
dev-node TAP-Win32 Adapter V8

client.log:
Wed Aug 24 19:37:10 2005 TAP-Win32 adapter 'TAP-Win32' not found

Try dev-node "local area7" (the exact name) in client.ovpn or try it even without the dev-node Entry.