Re: [Openvpn-users] Assertion failed at mroute.c:349

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Assertion failed at mroute.c:349
  • From: James Yonan <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 15:58:36 -0600 (MDT)

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005, Paul Mitchell wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm have a problem with OpenVPN in that the error "Assertion failed at
> mroute.c:349" is occuring sometimes when a network reconnects.  The
> problem is occuring on the hub of the VPN.
>
> I've seen this problem on the list but it is related to using TAP
> interfaces we are using TUN interfaces as it's a VPN between networks.
>
> I was wondering if this could be a race condition on the delete code as
> I see that they are locks set aside for the structure but the mutexes
> have been rem'ed out.  The programme was built with pthreads.

No, this is definitely not the problem.  OpenVPN 2.0 never uses
multi-threading, even when built with ./configure --enable-pthreads (the
multithreading code simply hasn't been written yet).  The commented out
mutex code is just support code waiting for some point in
the future when the multithreading code actually gets developed.

This may already have been fixed post-2.0. If you will, try the latest
2.0.1 RC and let us know if it fixes it:

http://openvpn.net/beta/

James