Re: [Openvpn-users] openvpn / shorewall problem: unable to ping

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] openvpn / shorewall problem: unable to ping
  • From: "Diederik Lascaris" <diederik@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 15:56:22 +0200

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 13:22:22 +0200, <diederik@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

/etc/shorewall/policy
#SOURCE         DEST            POLICY          LOG LEVEL       LIMIT:BURST
loc             net             ACCEPT
loc             fw              ACCEPT
fw              net             ACCEPT
fw              loc             ACCEPT

road            loc             ACCEPT
loc             road            ACCEPT
road            fw              ACCEPT #* added
fw              net             ACCEPT #* added

net             all             DROP            info

# THE FOLLOWING POLICY MUST BE LAST
all             all             REJECT          info
#LAST LINE -- ADD YOUR ENTRIES ABOVE THIS LINE -- DO NOT REMOVE

That did the trick, I feel so stupid right now...
It's not the zones loc thats needs to communicate with the road zone, but the fw (firewall) zone. At least, since I was trying to ping from the server (=fw) to the client(=road).